We value our staff and understand the importance of caring for yourself and having time to renew yourself. To that end we have a generous leave program. Scheduled time out of the office may be used as a 'mental health day', vacation time, sick time, to care for someone else or anything else you want. The Paid Time Off benefits are customized to each area. Please see below.
· In an effort to support employees through a time of crisis, staff may donate their PTO time to another staff member who is in extraordinary need and is out of paid leave time.
· We have created a Disability Pool for use during an extended leave such as hospitalization, maternity leave, care of a sick family member, extended sick or bereavement leave. Ten percent of any unused PTO in excess of 160 hours on December 31st rolls over into your Disability Pool.
· We offer Family Medical Leave for all employees who qualify based on the Federal Standards.This is up to 12 weeks of unpaid leave.
· Special leave with pay may be granted under unusual circumstances to cover an absence not appropriately chargeable to sick leave or annual leave. Examples are:
· We support young families in a number of ways.
· We provide a 50% rate reduction at The Little House Next Door for our employees. This is a limited benefit on a first come first served basis as well as having an opening in the age specific room.
· We provide comfortable, private areas at all our sites for nursing mothers.
· We encourage employees to utilize PTO time or flex their schedules to attend school functions and field trips.
· As the duties of the job allow, parents may bring young babies to work with them.
Benefits by Areas:
· Therapy, CARES & Parenting are able to provide telehealth from home in some instances as well as work flexible hours.
. Telework available in some programs.
· WVHA, Administration & CCFP work 8a-5p Monday - Thursday and 8a- 2p on Fridays.
· Alpha follows the Volusia County School Board schedule for holidays, teacher days, and summer break.
· Little House Next Door staff have the option of working (4) 10 hour days.
· Paid Time Off and paid holidays
· The House Next Door recognizes paid time off is an important part of balancing a fulfilling work and personal life. We encourage our staff to take their PTO to recharge and take time for themselves.
· The paid time off benefits The House Next Door provides to full time staff, except for Alpha and the Little House Next Door are:
·120 hours of paid time off in your first year of employment
·200 hours for years 2 through 5
·225 hours for years 6 through 10
·240 hours after 11 plus years of employment
·HND staff receive 10 paid holidays per year
LHND PTO accrual for full time staff:
·Year 1--11 days
·Year 2--12 days
·Year 3--13 days
·Year 4--14 days
·Year 5--15 days
·Year 6--16 days
·Year 7--17 days
·Year 8--18 days
·Year 9--19 days
·Year 10+--20 days
·LHND has a week of paid time off the week between Christmas and New Years
·8 paid holidays per year
School Based Staff:
40 Hour Week Employees:
· Alpha accrues 2.19 hours per pay at 22 pay periods/year. They will not accrue PTO time during summer break. They start out the school year with 4 days (32 hours of PTO) and will accrue 6 additional days (48 hours of PTO) at the 2.19 per pay rate. They receive 80 hours per school year in PTO, along with the below:
· In days At begin of school year 4 days to accrue up to 10 to be used for personal leave time during the school year. Two days may be carried over up to 4 days (capped at 4 days across the duration of employment).
· Paid School Breaks Include:
· Follows Volusia County School System Holidays